Saturday, October 25, 2014

(check) up and at 'em



Hello Everyone! 

I am so sorry that I haven't updated my blog for a little while! As the recovery process is slow, I generally wait to write about something exciting happening. Since my last blog post, I have reached 7 weeks post-op and was able to meet with my doctor! 

I feel "pros and cons" are the best way to explain how I am feeling throughout recovery. 

PROs: 
-I have officially have made it through my first full day back at school on October 22nd!
-I have been working with my teachers to make up work, and they are all amazingly helpful!
-My great friend from school, Rachel, helps me get from class to class without becoming high school road kill!
-And, drum roll please......I was able to showcase my Halloween costume at my school's dance! (Everyone asked if my walker was apart of the costume)



ALSO, LOOK HOW FAR I HAVE COME FROM MY SURGERY :) YAY!





CONs: I have quite a few cons (unfortunately). 
-I am still in a TON of pain (instead of easing off my medication, I was prescribed more to help with the severe pain). 
-I am still working to make up all of the assignments that I missed, which seems a little intimidating. 
-I am still reacting poorly to my medication. After my first full day at school, I came home and threw up throughout the night due to the pain. 
-I'm not healing as quickly as I had hoped and expected. 

At this point, I am upset that the pain levels have not decreased as soon as I hoped. I also feel like I need to act "all healed" at school, but the pain is unbearable at times. 

For those of you who have come across my blog while preparing for your surgery, I would suggest purchasing MANY MANY MANY ice packs. I am talking about enough to build an igloo mansion. Heating irritates my back more and the ice takes the edge off my pain. 

Also, upon meeting with my doctor, I am now cleared to take baths, go swimming, ride bikes, etc. I am so glad I am finally getting back to normal (well, as normal as I can be). 

I am so thankful to all of my friends, family, and teachers who are working with me to bounce back. 

I have high hopes of recovering fully soon! 

⚓️Alaine⚓️



No comments:

Post a Comment