Sunday, August 31, 2014

BACK Talk:



Hello my lovely blog followers (mom, dad, and Rachel)! I cannot believe it, but my surgery is just around the corner! I had my pre-op appointment on Friday, and it's crazy how real this is all becoming. Upon arriving at the hospital for my pre-op, I was directed to fill out some paperwork with my father. Within no time, that was completed, and I was sent into the pre-op suits for blood and urine testing. The nurse who took my blood was pretty funny; she poked at one vein for about 3 minutes murmuring, "squishy vein" over and over again. When I was asked to do the urine sample, I sort of panicked because I had used the bathroom immediately before my appointment (oops!). Instead, I was handed a bottle of water and instructed to drink it all. The appointment was rather short, and not too exciting to write about.

So, in addition to writing about my hospital stay, I put together a list of things I packed for the surgery for all of you who are having spinal fusion.

THINGS I PACKED:

Clothing:
-TWO pairs of pajamas (with buttons down the front, since I heard its hard to lift your arms)
-ONE bathrobe
-ONE pair of fuzzy socks

Toiletries (separated into different ziplock):
-Toothbrush, toothpaste, and retainer (oral hygiene)
-Vaseline[for dry lips] and moist face wipes (facial hygiene)
-Hair-ties and a comb (for hair)

Comfort:
-A body pillow (everyone I've talked to said they're amazing to hold on to)
-Regular pillows (I feel more comfortable bringing my own from home)
-My favorite blanket (to keep me warm in the already 109* weather)

Entertainment:
-My iPad
-Headphones
-Movies (the "Lego Movie," "the Breakfast Club," and "Easy A" were among my choices)
-My laptop
-Homework
-A DVD player to hook up to the TV in my room
-A power strip to charge all my devices at once

I hope my list helped all of you getting the surgery soon, and I wish you the best of luck! Additionally, I thank you all for supporting me on this "curvy" journey, and I will wrote again soon!

NO WORRIES: MORE BACK TALK WITH BE AVAILABLE SOON :))

⚓️Alaine⚓️

1 comment:

  1. Only Alaine would include, "homework," underneath her entertainment lineup

    ReplyDelete