Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Brace Yourselves:


Hello everybody! I am currently sitting in the hospital waiting room, waiting to begin the process leading up to surgery. My surgery should begin around 2 hours from now (7:30). Honestly, I am just bummed I had to get up so early :(
Pretty soon, once the paper work is filled out, I will head back to the pre-op room to begin an IV.
In this blog post, I will update it as things are occurring. :)


As of 5:59, I have been sitting in the Pre-op room. I just changed into my hospital gown and stockings--yay! I also just had my IV placed into my hand.






.

It's right after surgery and I'm still feeling the effects of the anaesthesia so I'm dictating this.

I feel pretty darn good, except my muscles hurt.
The surgeons played "Fun, Fun, Fun" by the Beach Boys in the operating room. Now that I'm up in the Intensive Care Unit I have to lay on my side.
I have no idea why I'm making this post now.
I have blood pressure things that are massaging my legs. I feel like I can run a marathon right now, but it's probably all the drugs. My throat is sore and I sound like man when I talk. I will give more detail about that later.

According to my doctor I'm PFS - pretty freakin' straight. My blurred vision is coming back into focus but I need glasses. I'm sorry there is no structure to this entry.
These drugs are magnificent.
I am afraid to look down at my catheter, but it feels pretty good to pee laying down.
These leg massagers are amazing, I need to get these for home.
My first words were "where am I?" and "get out (of my room.)". I said that to the nice Resident doctor that came to check on me.  When the surgeon came to ask how I felt, I said I "felt Rad." I feel good, I want to walk.
This may sound like rambling.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
I'll be back soon.


8:00 pm update: my body is not reacting to morphine well. I have thrown up non-stop. If I don't take the morphine, I stop puking, but I am in crazy amounts of pain.  Please pray for me.


⚓️Alaine⚓️

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of you today. Best wishes for a great outcome. (And being taller than your mom.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be on my mind all day today until we hear everything went great. You will come through like a champion. Ann Scheel

    ReplyDelete