Tuesday, September 16, 2014

emBRACING my new body:)

Hello!

To begin this post, I feel it's important to say there is not improvement present everyday , so I only write in my blog when  something new has happened.

Since my last post, I have still been in a ton of pain. I am supposed to ease off my medication, but the pain is too severe to do so. The mornings are the worst. I wake up really stiff and nauseous, and it takes me hours to begin my day.

I have tried to set goals for myself everyday, in hopes of  speeding up my recovery time. I find that it is really hard to sit and stand, so I try to do those activities more often.  Something I recommend for those of you getting the surgery is to purchase an airplane neck pillow. It really helps when you are sitting and cannot control your neck.

My biggest accomplishment since last Saturday was my "big-outing" on Sunday.  I went all the way to the outlet malls (30 minute drive) to go to my favorite store-Kate Spade.  I had to lay down in the back of my family-friend's car. Once at the store, I hobbled in with my walker. I lasted about 15 minutes before I needed to sit down, but I was able to purchase some sunglasses and headbands before having to leave. Also, upon arriving in the store, I fell in love with this little purse, and my family-friend got it for me as a recovery gift--I was overjoyed!

Once arriving home from the outing, I immediately crashed. I couldn't keep my self awake after a 15 shopping trip.  My friend came over that afternoon and caught me up on school drama, and she brought me movies to watch (thank you!).

I woke up on  Monday morning to a text  from my family-friend saying she had just been rear-ended by another car.  Luckily, she was okay,  but I am VERY fortunate  the accident didn't occur the day before (when  she drove me to the mall). Every single bump hurts when driving, and if I had been with her when she got hit, the pain would've killed me.

I will continue to write as I accomplished more and more ! Thanks for the SUPPORT!

⚓️Alaine⚓️

No comments:

Post a Comment