Tuesday, September 23, 2014

One Step BACK, Two Steps Foreword:




Hello Everyone!

I apologize from my small absence from blogging; it is difficult to write every couple of days when nothing new has happened. Today is my 3rd week post-op!

So let's start with the bad news since my last post: 

I am still VERY sick. I throw up everything I eat, and this is because of my pain medication. The difficult thing is I am in so much pain that I need the medication, however it doesn't do anything when I throw it up. I have also discovered my center of gravity is off (I am not as well balanced as I thought I was). Last Thursday, I was trying to put on my pajama pants after my shower, I lost my balance, and I slammed my back against the floor. That was probably one of my worst nights. My muscles still ache, and there is still constant pain throughout my body. Now, despite these setbacks, I have some good news to share about my accomplishments. 

Good News:)

Although I am still in a ton of pain, I feel as if I have a lot more mobility throughout my body (when compared to previous weeks). I have moved on to eating more solid meals-as opposed to the apples and carrots I have been eating. Although my sister and aunt left, my grandma came to stay with us to help me. I am so appreciative to have someone looking out for me. I also got to take the steri-strips off my incision, so I can see my scar-YAY! 

Additionally, I went to my first post-op appointment yesterday! MY CURVES IN MY BACK ARE NOW NON-EXISTANT! Additionally, my doctor decided to change my meds, and I was able to get a handicap parking sticker! The only bad news we got is that I have vocal chord paralysis, that caused me to lost my voice really easily. I am also working on my homework (something I didn't do before because of the severity of the pain). 

I feel that information covers the majority of my progress. I will be writing more soon! 

⚓️Alaine⚓️

No comments:

Post a Comment